We Respect Military Service
As a veteran, active guard or reservist, you’ve provided a valuable service to our country. Many of us will never understand the sacrifices you’ve made. And for that we thank you. At Wegmans, we’re passionate about giving back to those who have given so much for us. That’s why we’re here to support you during your transition to civilian life and to start a long-lasting, productive relationship.
Why Wegmans for Military Veterans?
We're proud of the support we give employees active in the Military and Guard Reserves. And we’re proud to say we’ve been recognized for that support. In 2016, Wegmans was awarded an “Above and Beyond Award” by the ESGR (Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve State Committee), the highest award given by the committee.
We know the importance of family:
Our belief in the importance of military service begins with the Wegmans family and our founder, Mr. Robert Wegman, who was himself a veteran. His experience upon returning to the country he served led to our commitment to military service members, and their families, during their transition to civilian life. We think of you as family, and support you as such, with tools and benefits designed to help you learn, grow and thrive.
Our values match military values:
- Caring—We believe good people working toward a common goal can accomplish anything
- High Standards—We set out to be the very best and achieve excellence in everything we do
- Making a Difference—We set out to make a difference in every community we serve
- Respect—We listen and respect every point of view
- Empowerment—We give our employees the tools they need to succeed
- Our employees' pay is made "whole" while on active duty
- Employees, and any health care enrolled dependents, remain fully covered
- We maintain retirement accounts for eligible employees and continue annual retirement plan (profit sharing) contributions.
- Eligible employees are able to make up any missed 401(k) contributions upon their return from Military leave, including the 401(k) match, ensuring employees can continue to save for their future, even while on active duty
- Employees have flex scheduling that accommodates Military and Guard Reserve service schedules
Our community connections:
The transition from military service to civilian life takes support. It's a team effort, which is why we've established connections with the military community through partnerships with AMVETS and VOC. These partnerships help make a challenging time easier for you and for your family.