We Respect Military Service
As a Veteran, Active Guard, or Reserve, the service you’ve given to our country is invaluable. You’ve made sacrifices that many of us will never understand. And for that we thank you. At Wegmans, we have a passion to give back to those who have given so much to us. We look forward to offering you the support and tools you need during your transition to civilian life. It’s part of how we work to establish a long-lasting, productive relationship with you.
Why Wegmans for Military Veterans?
We're proud of the support we provide employees active in the Military and Guard Reserves and their families. In April 2016, Wegmans was awarded an “Above and Beyond Award” by the ESGR (Employer Support of The Guard and Reserve State Committee). The committee recognizes employers at the local level who go above and beyond to provide support to employees who are active in the Military. This is the highest level award that can be bestowed by a state ESGR committee.
We know the importance of family:
Our belief in the importance of military service begins with the Wegmans family. In fact, our founder, Mr. Robert Wegman, was a veteran. We celebrate his military service alongside every other service member that joins our team. And we work to make sure your family has the support they need during your transition to civilian life. We think of our employees as our family and give our people the tools and benefits they need to learn, grow and thrive.
Our values match military values:
- Caring—We believe good people working towards a common goal can accomplish anything
- High Standards—We set out to be the very best and achieve excellence in everything we do
- Making a Difference—We set out to make a difference in every community we serve
- Respect—We listen and respect every point of view
- Empowerment—We give our employees the tools they need to succeed
Our support opportunities:
- Our employees' pay is made "whole" while on active duty
- Employees, and any health care enrolled dependents, remain fully covered
- We maintain retirement accounts for eligible employees and continue annual retirement plan (profit sharing) contribution. Eligible employees are able to make up any missed 401(k) contributions upon their return from Military leave including the 401(k) match. This ensures employees can continue to save for their future, even while on active duty.
- Employees continue to enjoy our flex scheduling to accommodate Military and Guard Reserve scheduling
Our community connections:
We also work to establish connections with the military community through partnerships with AMVETS and VOC. The transition of skills from military service to civilian life takes support. It's a team effort. Family is important to us, and we know it is to you too. That's why Wegmans is passionate about making a challenging time easier for our service members and their families.