Bakery AssistantWilmington, DE
- Full time
- Morning, afternoon, evening (includes weekends).
- Age Requirement
- Must be 18 years or older
- Wilmington, DE
- 371 Buckley Mill Road
- $15 - $15.50 / hour
- Job Posting
- Job Posting End
- Job ID
Join our team at the new Wilmington, Delaware store, located just outside the City of Wilmington in New Castle County! Opening Fall 2022!
Why Join the Wegmans team?
- Work for a family-owned company that has been on FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for 25 years in a row
- Be part of a fun and exciting grand opening team, helping to introduce the first Wegmans store in the state of Delaware!
- Jump start your Wegmans career early! Start earning and training immediately, gaining the experience you need to be successful in your role, before the store opens
- Endless opportunities for career growth, both at the Wilmington Store, and companywide
- Safety of our employees is top of mind and we are committed to keeping you safe and healthy while you help to serve our communities
At Wegmans, our mission is to help our customers live healthier, better lives through food. As a member of our Bakery Department, you will work with a team to deliver incredible service and be responsible for the production and packaging of delicious baked goods like breads, bagels, sweet treats and more throughout the day, ensuring that the freshest products are always available for our customers! If you have a passion for baking, enjoy the fast pace of food preparation and have a passion for helping customers find the best products to meet their needs, this could be the job for you!
What will I do?
- Bake, produce and package baked goods
- Provide incredible service and answer customer questions in a timely manner
- Ensure fresh and appealing aisles and cases by keeping them clean and well-stocked
- Help to maximize sales through effective and proper procedures for stocking, rotating, and merchandising product, both on the sales floor and in the back rooms and coolers/freezer
- May unload daily deliveries and stock cases, displays and backroom coolers with new and existing products/inventory
New full-time employees will be eligible for reimbursement for mileage and travel time during training, before the store opens.
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs