Refrigeration MechanicWestwood, MA
- Full time
- Morning, Afternoon, Evening (Includes Weekends).
- Age Requirement
- Must be 18 years or older
- Westwood, MA
- 169 University Ave
- $27.50 - $50.25 / hour
- Job Posting
- Job Posting End
- Job ID
EARN A BONUS UP TO $1,500! Hiring immediately!
At Wegmans, our Maintenance Mechanic team ensures that our stores, facilities, and equipment are professionally maintained, helping to provide our customers with the freshest best tasting products, and our employees with a safe and productive work environment. This team is empowered to solve complex problems daily and continually learn and develop new skills, while working for a growing and dynamic company with endless opportunities for advancement. In this role, you will be responsible for repairing and performing preventative maintenance on all commercial refrigeration systems in our supermarkets. This position will also be responsible for oversight, follow through and coordination where necessary with external equipment contractors/vendors.
What will I do?
- Perform unsupervised repairs on commercial refrigeration and HVAC equipment for both emergency and non-emergency situations, using appropriate troubleshooting and safety techniques
- Plan and perform preventative maintenance on commercial refrigeration and HVAC equipment, and all other associated skilled tasks
- Work effectively with a team, assisting other personnel as necessary to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with team members, supervisors, and customers; determine best practices for repair work and assess downtime with store personnel; interact and coordinate with purchased maintenance refrigeration and HVAC vendors
- Create and maintain records on all equipment worked on, as well as store refrigerant inventories; maintain truck inventory, working with parts procurement requirements
- Complete timely record keeping related to EPA requirements; follow up and repair discovered leaks while also performing all mandated rechecks
- Maintain Wegmans high standards of quality and food & human safety procedures
- Deliver incredible service to both internal and external customers
- 10 or more years related work experience
- Independent ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair mechanical systems
- Technical training through apprenticeship, RSES, trade school, or equivalent work experience
- EPA Universal Certification
- State Accredited Refrigeration License is preferred
- Proficient with the use of a laptop computer, possessing the ability to maintain, troubleshoot and operate building management systems, on board control systems, and manufacturer’s PLC based control systems
- Proficient in system startups and response to system restarts, refrigerant leak check procedures, and lifting and rigging
- Sound mechanical ability, as well as knowledge of welding and plumbing
- Supermarket/restaurant related equipment experience, including knowledge of applicable codes, regulations and operating standards is preferred
- Ability to program building and refrigeration control systems is preferred
At Wegmans, we’ve long believed we can achieve our goals only if we first fulfill the needs of our people. Putting our people first and offering competitive pay and a variety of benefits & perks is just the start of what it means to work at Wegmans.
Whether through premium pay for working on Sundays or holidays, offering industry-leading health care coverage and wellness programs to support physical, financial, and emotional well-being, or paid time off (PTO) to help you balance work and life, we’ve got something for everyone.
And because we care about the wellbeing and success of every person, we recognize each person has their own unique scheduling needs. We’re proud to offer flexibility in scheduling so our employees can prioritize what is most important to them. Our large, high-volume stores and 24x7 operations allow for personalized schedules that balance an employee’s individual needs with the needs of our business and each department.
- Paid time off (PTO) to help you balance your personal and work life
- Higher premium pay rates for working Sundays or on a recognized holiday
- Health care benefits that provide a high level of coverage at a low cost to you
- Retirement plan with both a profit-sharing and 401(k) match
- A generous scholarship program to help employees meet their educational goals
- LiveWell Employee & Family program to support your emotional, work-life and financial wellness
- Exclusive discounts on electronics, entertainment, gym memberships, travel and more!
- And more!
***Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied and offerings may differ based upon area or the company and/or position.
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family-owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs