Refrigeration Mechanic MassachusettsApply Now Job Posting: 01/20/2019 Job ID: R0024689 Location: Westwood, MA Address: 169 University Ave Age Requirement: Must be 18 years or older Availability: Morning, afternoon, evening, overnights (includes weekends) Schedule: Full time
The Refrigeration Mechanic is responsible for repairing and performing preventative maintenance on all refrigeration systems in the food markets. This position will also be responsible for oversight, follow through and coordination where needed with refrigeration contractors.
What will I do?
- Repair refrigeration and HVAC equipment for both emergency and non-emergency situations. Perform unsupervised repairs on commercial rack refrigeration systems using appropriate troubleshooting and safety techniques. Perform preventative maintenance on refrigeration and HVAC equipment, and all other associated skilled tasks.
- Work effectively with a team, assisting other personnel as necessary to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with team members, supervisors, and customers. Determine best practices for repair work and assess downtime with store personnel. Interact and coordinate with purchased maintenance refrigeration and HVAC vendors.
- Create and maintain records on all equipment worked on. Maintain accurate inventory of store refrigerant inventories. Maintain truck inventory, working with parts procurement requirements.
- Complete timely record keeping related to EPA related requirements. Follow up and repair discovered leaks while also performing all mandated rechecks.
- Maintain Wegmans high standards of quality, food and human safety procedures, and incredible customer service always
- Ability to maintain, troubleshoot and operate building control systems (ie: CPC-E1,E2, RMCC, Altec and Johnson)
- Ability to read and apply manufacturers’ instructions
- Demonstrated competency on lifting and rigging
- EPA Universal Refrigerant Certified
- Proficient in refrigerant leak check procedures
- Proficient in system startups and response to system restarts (after power outages, maintenance, etc.)
- Proficient with the use of a laptop computer, possessing the ability to interface with building management systems, on board control systems, and manufacturer’s PLC based control systems
- Sound mechanical ability, as well as knowledge of welding and plumbing
- Technical training through apprenticeship, RSES, trade school, or equivalent work experience
Proud of our #3 Ranking
Wegmans has been on the list of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For ® since 1998 and is one of the few companies that has made the list for the last 22 consecutive years since its beginning. FORTUNE and 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Time Inc. and are used under License. FORTUNE and Time Inc. are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Wegmans.Learn More