Overnight Shift ManagerWashington DC, DC
Join our team at the new Wisconsin Avenue store located in Washington, DC near the Tenleytown Metro Station! Opening summer 2022! Onboarding and training will begin early 2022.
Why Join the Wegmans team?
- Work for a family-owned company that has been on FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for 24 years in a row
- Work as part of an exciting and fun grand opening team, gaining all the training you need to be successful in your role before the store opens
- Endless opportunities for career growth, both at the Wisconsin Ave store, and companywide
- Safety of our employees is top of mind and we are committed to keeping you safe and healthy while you help to serve our communities
We’re looking for passionate people ready to collaborate, develop and be leaders. As an entry-level hourly Overnight Shift Manager with Wegmans, you’ll join the largest area of the store, playing an integral part in the success of the overnight operations team, ensuring each team member is working towards replenishment of products to meet the daytime needs of our customers. You will have the opportunity to enhance your leadership skill set, and gain a deep understanding of our values, business measures, standards and operations. If you are a night owl who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, and has a passion for leading a team, this could be the role for you!
What will I do?
- Manage employee performance by providing resources, training, feedback and development opportunities
- Proactively deliver incredible customer service during the overnight hours
- Help to problem solve operational challenges while maintaining open two-way communication with managers
- Coordinate activities, prioritize tasks and ensure the operation runs efficiently for your team
- 1 or more years of work experience or a college degree
- Computer skills
- Experience leading a team
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge of relevant products
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new situations and subject matters
Note to applicant:
- Onboarding and training will begin early 2022.
- Prior to the store opening, training will take place at existing Wegmans store locations in Northern Virginia and may require travel.
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
For 24 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs