Entry Level ManagerWashington DC, DC
Join our team at the new Wisconsin Avenue store located in Washington, DC near the Tenleytown Metro Station! Opening summer 2022! Onboarding and training will begin early 2022.
Why Join the Wegmans team?
- Work for a family-owned company that has been on FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for 24 years in a row
- Work as part of an exciting and fun grand opening team, gaining all the training you need to be successful in your role before the store opens
- Endless opportunities for career growth, both at the Wisconsin Ave store, and companywide
- Safety of our employees is top of mind and we are committed to keeping you safe and healthy while you help to serve our communities
We’re looking for entry-level hourly leaders who are passionate and ready to collaborate, lead, and give their best every day! In this role, your responsibilities will consist of both coordinating and troubleshooting daily activities of our customer service employees, as well as taking part in store management duties and projects. Through these responsibilities you will gain a deep understanding of our values, business measures and operations, experiencing everything from daytime to nighttime hours, often acting as a liaison between different areas of the store. You will be responsible for leading and developing a team of customer service focused team members, ensuring they have the tools and resources to be successful at their jobs. If you love to work in a fast-paced, energetic environment where no two days are the same, then this is the role for you!
What will I do?
- Independently manage store operations between daytime and nighttime hours, acting as key leader and liaison among teams and various departments throughout the store; responsible for closing and/or opening the store, as part of a varied schedule that changes on a weekly basis
- Partner with department management to prioritize and delegate tasks and ensure the Front End/customer checkout operations runs efficiently, monitoring the business and customer traffic throughout the store, managing the right number of open checkout lanes and running register when necessary to reduce customer wait time
- Manage performance of a team of Customer Service employees, providing resources, training, feedback, and development opportunities
- Provide Incredible Customer Service to customers and employees alike, acting as a champion throughout the store for our values and standards
- Quickly react to situations that arise, partnering with store leadership to problem solve operational challenges
- Participate in and/or lead special projects and assignments across the store with the goal of bringing employees together and enhancing the Company culture
- 1 or more years of work experience, preferably in customer service, or a college degree
- Computer skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and handle interruptions in a fast-paced environment
- Experience leading a team
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new situations and subject matters
Note to applicant:
- Onboarding and training will begin early 2022.
- Prior to the store opening, training will take place at existing Wegmans store locations in Northern Virginia and may require travel.
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
For 24 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs