- Part time
- Applying to this requisition allows you to be considered for multiple opportunities. Please provide as much availability that works with your schedule.
- Age Requirement
- Must be 16 years or older
- Washington, DC
- 41 Ridge Sq. NW
- Starting at $16.50 / hour!
- Job Posting
- Job Posting End
- Job ID
At Wegmans, our commitment to customers is simple: Every Day You Get our Best. As a Cashier, you'll provide incredible customer service by engaging customers in friendly conversation, carefully bagging items, and accurately completing monetary transactions. You will efficiently get customers through the check out process while ensuring they end their shopping trips with a positive experience. Our cashiers leave a lasting impression and transform first-time shoppers into loyal Wegmans customers!
What will I do?
- Engage customers in friendly conversation while making eye contact and smiling
- Accurately and efficiently scan customers' grocery items and complete monetary transactions
- Properly bag items to ensure products arrive at their destination in the condition they left the store
- Proactively offer additional assistance or services and thank the customer for shopping at Wegmans
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs