Senior Real Estate Accounting AnalystRochester, NY
As a Senior Real Estate Accounting Analyst with Wegmans, you will be responsible for providing financial oversight, analysis & interpretation of the Wegmans Real Estate Business. You will serve as a key resource to the Real Estate Development Group, while ensuring the accuracy and integrity of Wegmans Real Estate accounting and reporting as well as ad hoc analysis on real estate transactions and helping to drive process improvements and profitability.
What will I do?
- Collaborate with various departments and business units to support the accounting for our real estate and equipment portfolio
- Actively partner with Real Estate Development Group to provide analyses that will help drive profitability and achieve results
- Respond to requests for ad hoc analyses and projects in a fast-paced operating environment and prioritize workload based on quickly changing priorities to best meet business needs.
- Perform lease and legal document abstracting by identifying financial risks for WFM; verify lease abstraction data and continually monitor any impact
- Integrate technology into existing processes to meet closing deadlines and improve workflow
- Maintain rapport with external landlords and tenants; fielding questions and reviewing issues
- Analyze financial results and provide reporting including budgets and update forecasts; research, analyze and identify causes of variances
- Identify improvement areas to increase profitability, and provide proactive recommendations
- 2 or more years’ Financial Analysis experience; with an understanding of financial statements
- 3 or more years’ work experience leading a team
- Experience with related software, including Microsoft Office Skills
- Financial analysis experience; with an understanding of balance sheets and income statements
- Experience managing and interpreting complex data analysis using technology with the ability to clearly communicate complex information across all levels of management
- Experience with Real Estate Occupancy expenditures
- Technical accounting knowledge, proven experience reading and implementing accounting pronouncements
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
For 24 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs