Senior Electrical EngineerRochester , NY
At Wegmans, our innovative Facilities Design team is responsible for managing projects for our distribution, warehouse, food manufacturing facilities and offices. As a Project Manager in this group, you will provide advanced technical and creative support to project teams, utilizing your knowledge of electrical systems, control systems architecture, energy management, HVAC, Solar PV, Ammonia and Carbon Dioxide refrigeration, plumbing, fire protection, structural, and building codes.
What will I do?
- Apply diversified knowledge of design and engineering principles/practices to a broad variety of assignments; lead teams in researching and resolving technical issues, new concepts and quality matters
- Contribute to creation & modification of standards of practice for department; provide technical review and quality checks of construction documents
- Create, track and review budgets and schedules to keep costs and timelines on target. Prioritize work of others based on project plan and allocate resources to accomplish goals and tasks.
- Build relationships with Operations leadership and work across functions to accomplish goals
- Communicate regular, timely project updates to senior management
- Develop, coach and mentor employees; provide employees with feedback and recognition that is fair, accurate and helps them continuously improve
- Coordinate and collaborate with other design professionals, establish team plans and communicate results with other relevant teams
- Prepare or modify reports, specifications, plans, project schedules, and designs for project
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3 or more years of project management experience
- 10 or more years of related work experience
Preferred Qualifications and Certifications
- Project Management Certification or equivalent
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Experience with applicable codes and food safety considerations
- Experience managing food manufacturing and distribution warehouse oriented projects
- Large-scale project management experience; managing complex projects spanning multiple business units
- Experience with Power Distribution and Industrial Control systems
Wegmans has great benefits and a true family atmosphere, which makes me feel appreciated and recognized for my hard work.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs