Senior Accounting AnalystRochester, NY
- Full time
- Morning, Afternoon, Evening.
- Age Requirement
- Must be 18 years or older
- Rochester, NY
- 1500 Brooks Ave
- Job Posting
- Job Posting End
- Job ID
This position is based in our Rochester, NY offices. We offer flexible work solutions including a hybrid work schedule.
As a Senior Operations Accounting Analyst at Wegmans, you will provide financial oversight, analysis & interpretation of assigned business units, and serve as a key resource to Merchandising leadership and stores, utilizing key insight to recommend ways to grow sales and improve profitability, as well as providing stores with the information, tools, and guidance they need to be successful. You will accomplish this by preparing & analyzing weekly gross profit projections, various reporting on sales, gross profit, waste & contribution, and compiling month end inventory results, all with the goal of being Customer Solution Focused.
What will I do?
- Analyze weekly gross profit projections and complete month end closing for P&Ls; Execute Weekly Operating Reports
- Identify improvement areas to increase profitability & growth and provide proactive recommendations; Research, analyze and identify causes of variances
- Actively partner with assigned business units; provide financial analysis and reporting/interpreting of results
- Partner with Store, Division and Merchandising teams to identify & implement action plans & measure success; Ensure accuracy and integrity of financial analysis, reporting and interpretation of results.
- Provide stores with training and support, as well as the tools needed to be successful; meet with store management to discuss waste trends & inventory best practices, field questions, review issues, & share success stories; help stores meet goals
- Integrate technology into existing processes to meet closing deadlines and improve workflow
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 3 or more years’ professional experience managing a team
- 2 or more years’ experience with analyzing financial data and making recommendation based on interpretations and research
- Microsoft Excel Macro skills
- Possess a strong understanding of gross profit reporting and factors that influence results, as well as Debits and Credits
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
For 24 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs