Security Operations Center SpecialistRochester , NY
At Wegmans our commitment is to provide incredible service, to which the foundation is ensuring our customers, employees and visitors feel safe and secure while on our grounds. As a Security Operations Center Specialist you will be responsible for taking calls, monitoring Life Safety Systems and managing critical events and emergency situations throughout our store, corporate, distribution and manufacturing facilities. You will be part of a team of professionals who will provide clear, calm and decisive direction while maintaining our high standards and making critical decisions on the spot in order to manage events with the greatest care and respect. If you are an individual who likes to work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, diverse assignments and a collaborative team, this could be the role for you!
What will I do?
- Handle complex, dynamic events and possess an aptitude to problem solve on the fly
- Provide clear, calm and concise direction and take the lead in time sensitive situations
- Anticipate collateral issues in an event and take the appropriate steps to mitigate those issues or contact the appropriate personnel to help remedy
- Coordinate emergency medical response between the patient, EMT/Corporate Officers, and Emergency Services
- Utilize excellent attention to detail, perform communication for Life safety incidents, 911 emergency calls, power failures, medical emergencies, employee/customer inquiries, equipment and facility service requests, facility access, daily activity events, and more
- Analyze critical event data to determine the cause and trends; recommend corrective action
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years of related work experience
- Advanced proficiency computer skills, including the ability to easily navigate between multiple monitors and applications seamlessly
- Proven ability to problem solve, use good judgment and make difficult decisions that affect the safety and wellbeing of others
- Superior verbal communication and listening skills including experience clarifying information in a friendly manner while maintaining composure in stressful situations
- Ability to establish priorities, multitask, work independently and complete objectives in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Aptitude for clear and effective writing under time-sensitive conditions
- Central Station Operator experience
- Emergency dispatch/telecommunicator experience
Wegmans has great benefits and a true family atmosphere, which makes me feel appreciated and recognized for my hard work.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs