Sanitation WorkerRochester, NY
- Full time
- Afternoon, Evening (including weekends).
- Age Requirement
- Must be 18 years or older
- Rochester, NY
- 1500 Brooks Ave
- $16 - $17 / hour
- Job Posting
- Job Posting End
- Job ID
Wegmans depends on their Manufacturing teams to keep the entire operation running smoothly. We are committed to providing our customers with great tasting, healthy meals and know that means starting with the best people behind the scenes. As a member of our Sanitation team, you will use mechanical and sanitation knowledge to efficiently and safely clean production equipment so our operations teams can deliver high quality products to our stores for customers to enjoy. If you love working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, then this is the place for you!
What will I do?
- Clean and sanitize production equipment, floors and machinery in production processing areas using pressure cleaning and chemical dispensing equipment
- Dissemble and reassemble equipment to remove all remnants of products in machines and surrounding areas
- Maintain necessary records and sanitation cleaning logs
- Communicate potential issues, concerns or risks with management to achieve resolution
- Use proper precautions and protective gear to safely use a variety of chemicals during the cleaning and process
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with and/or cleaning equipment
- Mechanical Aptitude
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs