Quality Assurance SpecialistRochester, NY
At our Wegmans Manufacturing facilities, we are all about creating the highest quality products for our customers, and upholding the high standards that our company is known for. As a Quality Assurance Specialist, you will play a vital role in customer service from behind the scenes, performing and documenting tests on all types of products, as well as on the packaging and manufacturing equipment to ensure stores are receiving only the best products. If you have a passion for high standards and food safety, this could be the position for you!
What will I do?
- Interact with, support, and educate a diverse team of production and manufacturing operations employees on quality, food safety initiatives and certification requirements
- Perform and gather documentation for quality assurance testing and inspections on Wegmans Bakeshop, CIC, Cheese Cave, and Ice House products, materials, equipment, processes and sanitation
- Use Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), knowledge, and experience to evaluate risk
- Stop or hold production and alert appropriate parties for any non-compliant or potentially hazardous findings, contribute in corrective action discussions and solutions
- Communicate and collaborate with Business Partners (Production, Buyers, Maintenance, Sanitation, etc) and Leadership
- 1 or more years work experience in a food manufacturing environment
- College degree in a related field
Preferred Qualifications and Certifications
- Computer Skills
- Experience leading a team
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge of relevant products
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs