Production PackagerRochester, NY
- Full time
- Morning, Afternoon (Includes Weekends).
- Age Requirement
- Must be 18 years or older
- Rochester, NY
- 1500 Brooks Ave
- $16.50 - $17 / hour
- Job Posting
- Job Posting End
- Job ID
Why join the Wegmans team?
- Work for a family-owned company that has been on FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for 24 years in a row
- Comprehensive benefits available to both full and part time eligible employees
- Opportunities for career growth, both within the Culinary Innovation Center facility and companywide
Wegmans depends on their Manufacturing teams to keep the entire operation running smoothly. We are committed to providing our customers with great tasting, healthy meals and know that means starting with the best people behind the scenes. As a Team Member in the Culinary Innovation Center, you will be responsible for preparing, assembling, and packaging all the fine ingredients to be used in producing Wegmans Brand products. If you have a passion for preparing quality meal items, enjoy working with food and as part of a team then this is the place for you!
What will I do?
- Produce, assemble and package products, operating machinery and equipment as necessary for the job
- Inform team members of actions completed by properly labeling all containers and carts, filling out log sheets, and completing tasks on batch cards
- Perform quality checks and properly handle products to ensure they meet Wegmans food safety and quality standards
- Practice food and human safety techniques, comply with equipment maintenance, and use guidelines and labor laws to safely complete work, and maintain a clean work environment
- Keep open lines of communication with management and coworkers to effectively resolve issues and keep the operation running smoothly
- Experience working in a manufacturing/factory environment
- Experience working in a food production facility
- Experience working under food safety guidelines
At Wegmans, we’ve long believed we can achieve our goals only if we first fulfill the needs of our people. Putting our people first and offering competitive pay and a variety of benefits & perks is just the start of what it means to work at Wegmans.
Whether through premium pay for working on Sundays or holidays, offering industry-leading health care coverage and wellness programs to support physical, financial, and emotional well-being, or paid time off (PTO) to help you balance work and life, we’ve got something for everyone.
And because we care about the wellbeing and success of every person, we recognize each person has their own unique scheduling needs. We’re proud to offer flexibility in scheduling so our employees can prioritize what is most important to them. Our large, high-volume stores and 24x7 operations allow for personalized schedules that balance an employee’s individual needs with the needs of our business and each department.
- Paid time off (PTO) to help you balance your personal and work life
- Higher premium pay rates for working Sundays or on a recognized holiday
- Health care benefits that provide a high level of coverage at a low cost to you
- Retirement plan with both a profit-sharing and 401(k) match
- A generous scholarship program to help employees meet their educational goals
- LiveWell Employee & Family program to support your emotional, work-life and financial wellness
- Exclusive discounts on electronics, entertainment, gym memberships, travel and more!
- And more!
***Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied and offerings may differ based upon area or the company and/or position.
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family-owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs