Overnight Manufacturing Maintenance SupervisorRochester, NY
At Wegmans, our Maintenance team ensures that retail stores, as well as corporate, distribution and manufacturing facilities are professionally maintained, helping to provide our employees and our customers with a safe and productive environment. This team is empowered to solve complex problems daily and continually learn and develop new skills, while working for a growing and dynamic company. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a team of Mechanics to execute preventative maintenance, demand repairs, and support capital improvements as needed. This position is also responsible for safety, training, daily communications with Operations, budgets, and working closely with Planners, Parts Team, and Maintenance Support Groups. The position will support overnight Maintenance operations, and requires availability to work overnight hours, and provide weekend and on call support.
What will I do?
- Manage a team of Mechanics to maintain food production equipment; perform repairs, planned maintenance, and support of Capital projects. Manage performance and develop employees; provide resources, training, feedback, and development opportunities.
- Partner with Operations, Sanitation, Quality, Engineering, Construction, IT, and Facility Maintenance, for daily Operations and Capital improvements. Participate in programs and cross-functional initiatives.
- Coordinate Facility Maintenance programs and processes to ensure assets are in good condition and reliable; ensure a safe working environment for all personnel
- Maintain maintenance staffing schedule to support Operations
- Improve equipment reliability; collaborate with Operations and use downtime data to help meet goals
- Manage to budget and be fiscally responsible
Required Experience, Education, Skills:
- 5 or more years’ Facility Maintenance experience
- Experience in project management, maintenance practices and system commissioning
- Experience managing and developing others
- Experience working with computers and able to learn new systems quickly, including familiarity with Computerized Maintenance Management systems
Preferred Experience, Education, Skills:
- Associates degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with the management of a union workforce
- Experience in Manufacturing and/or with Maintenance and Food Manufacturing practices
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
For 24 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs