Manufacturing Quality ManagerRochester, NY
At Wegmans, we’re passionate about making delicious, great meals easy for customers. Our efforts to achieve this goal are centered in our food manufacturing facilities, specifically our Central Bakeshop. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a group pushing to innovate food through willingness to experiment and try new things. All while keeping an eye on the tried-and-true, incredible offerings our customers have come to love. As a Quality Assurance Manager, you will focus on continuous improvement, innovation and the ability to ensure quality and safety of all products being produced and packaged within the Bakeshop.
What will I do?
- Manage performance and develop employees; provide resources, training, feedback and development opportunities
- Ensure safety and highest quality of all products produced for customers; perform food safety and quality related training for Manufacturing and Quality Assurance employees
- Manage product complaints and concerns and delegate a course of action
- Supervise the team of Quality Assurance Specialists
- Support Research and Development programs from concept to production
- Execute programs including traceability exercises and participation in internal audits, environmental monitoring and sanitary design review
- Assist with Food Safety Plan implementation and maintenance and ensure compliance with applicable regulations such as FSMA, USDA, FDA and SQF standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in a science related field or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years of experience leading a team
- Experience managing a multi-shift team
- Advanced computer skills, including advanced excel skills
- Experience with Quality Assurance or Food Manufacturing
- Project coordination experience
- SQF Practitioner
- HAACP PCQI Certified
- Quality Management systems experience (GFSI)
As an essential business, we remain open and would love to have you join our team and help to support our communities.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs