Electrical Project ManagerRochester, NY
- Full time
- Morning, Afternoon.
- Age Requirement
- Must be 18 years or older
- Rochester, NY
- 1500 Brooks Ave
- $88500 - $132760 / year
- Job Posting
- Job Posting End
- Job ID
At Wegmans, our innovative Facilities Design team is responsible for managing projects for our distribution warehouses, food manufacturing facilities and offices. As an Electrical Project Manager in this group, you will provide advanced technical and creative support to project teams, utilizing your facility experience and knowledge in electrical systems, control systems architecture, energy management, Solar PV, HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, structural, and building codes.
What will I do?
- Lead with our values, always help others and ensure Wegmans remains a great place to work for all
- Prioritize work of others based on project plan and allocate design professional resources to accomplish goals and tasks and communicate results with others
- Apply diversified knowledge of Electrical design and engineering principles/practices to a broad variety of assignments; lead teams in researching and resolving technical issues, new concepts, and quality matters
- Coordinate and lead technical, EHS and Operations reviews and quality checks with stakeholders
- Perform field inspections, research, measurements calculations, construction, and commissioning support as needed
- Contribute to creation and modification of standards of practice for department; provide technical review and quality checks of construction documents
- Value engineering to drive out cost, while optimizing resources and maintaining overall quality and functionality
- Collaborate with Construction teams; develop, track and review budgets, schedules; keep costs, timelines on target
- Support maintenance operations in troubleshooting and optimizing Power Distribution and Control systems
- 5 or more years of related work experience
- 3 or more years of project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of electrical systems, control systems architecture, energy management, and renewable energy technologies
- Professional licensure or certification in related field
- Experience managing food manufacturing and/or distribution warehouse oriented projects
- Large-scale project management experience; managing complex projects spanning multiple business units
- Experience with Power Distribution and Industrial Control systems
- Experience using BIM tools to enhance communications and design reviews, i.e.: Revit, Navisworks and BIM DOC
At Wegmans, we’ve long believed we can achieve our goals only if we first fulfill the needs of our people. Putting our people first and offering competitive pay and a variety of benefits & perks is just the start of what it means to work at Wegmans.
Whether through premium pay for working on Sundays or holidays, offering industry-leading health care coverage and wellness programs to support physical, financial, and emotional well-being, or paid time off (PTO) to help you balance work and life, we’ve got something for everyone.
And because we care about the wellbeing and success of every person, we recognize each person has their own unique scheduling needs. We’re proud to offer flexibility in scheduling so our employees can prioritize what is most important to them. Our large, high-volume stores and 24x7 operations allow for personalized schedules that balance an employee’s individual needs with the needs of our business and each department.
- Paid time off (PTO) to help you balance your personal and work life
- Higher premium pay rates for working Sundays or on a recognized holiday
- Health care benefits that provide a high level of coverage at a low cost to you
- Retirement plan with both a profit-sharing and 401(k) match
- A generous scholarship program to help employees meet their educational goals
- LiveWell Employee & Family program to support your emotional, work-life and financial wellness
- Exclusive discounts on electronics, entertainment, gym memberships, travel and more!
- And more!
***Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied and offerings may differ based upon area or the company and/or position.
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family-owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs