Electrical Maintenance MechanicRochester, NY
- Full time
- Afternoon, Evening, Overnight (Including Weekends).
- Age Requirement
- Must be 18 years or older
- Rochester, NY
- 1500 Brooks Ave
- $24 - $32 / hour
- Job Posting
- Job Posting End
- Job ID
At Wegmans, our Maintenance Mechanics ensure that Wegmans Corporate, Distribution and Manufacturing facilities are professionally and safely maintained, helping to provide our employees and our customers with a safe work environment. You will be part of a team that is empowered to solve complex problems daily and continually learn and develop new skills, while working for a stable, growing and dynamic company. Your electrical and mechanical knowledge will be critical in helping to maintain a variety of high tech and state of the art equipment and systems. If you love working in a fast-paced environment, where no two days are the same, then the Wegmans Facilities Maintenance Team might be the perfect opportunity for you!
What will I do?
- Repair and troubleshoot production equipment in our facilities, for both emergency and non-emergency situations
- Perform preventative maintenance on production equipment
- Work effectively with a team, assisting other personnel as necessary to ensure all tasks are completed safely and in a timely manner
- Keep open lines of communication with team members and supervisors
- Complete all tasks while strictly adhering to food and human safety guidelines
- Maintain Wegmans’ high standards of quality at all times
- 3 or more years of experience as an equipment Mechanic in a manufacturing or distribution environment, including experience with preventative maintenance systems and techniques
- Proficiency with electrical and mechanical troubleshooting of material handling systems and process equipment, including conveyors and/or automated systems
- Knowledge of three-phase motors and wiring and experience programming and installing electronics and controls
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs