Diesel TechnicianRochester, NY
- Full time
- Afternoon, Evening, Overnight (Including Weekends).
- Age Requirement
- Must be 18 years or older
- Rochester, NY
- 1500 Brooks Ave
- $24 - $32 / hour
- Job Posting
- Job Posting End
- Job ID
At Wegmans, our Fleet Maintenance Technicians ensure that our transportation equipment is professionally and safely maintained, helping to provide our employees with a safe work environment, and ensuring our stores and customers receive incredible service through efficient product deliveries. You will be part of a team that is empowered to solve complex problems daily and continually learn and develop new skills. You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of systems and state of the art equipment for a stable, growing, & dynamic company. If you love working in a fast-paced environment, where no two days are the same, then the Wegmans Fleet Maintenance team might be the perfect opportunity for you!
What will I do?
- Repair and troubleshoot trailer and refrigeration units for both emergency and non-emergency situations
- Perform preventative maintenance on trucks, trailers, and reefer units
- Complete all work in accordance with food and human safety guidelines
- Maintain Wegmans’ high standards of quality at all times
- A proven safety first commitment
- Experience with heavy duty tractor and trailer maintenance including light duty vehicles
- Ability to repair and diagnose heavy duty air brake systems, as well as tractor and trailer electrical systems
- Heavy advanced brake systems course completion certificate
- Licensed in heavy duty New York State inspections
Preferred Qualifications and Certifications
- Experience in trailer refrigeration unit inspections, troubleshooting, maintenance and repairs
- Telematics experience
- Experience with maintenance data systems, and work order creation
At Wegmans, we’ve long believed we can achieve our goals only if we first fulfill the needs of our people. Putting our people first and offering competitive pay and a variety of benefits & perks is just the start of what it means to work at Wegmans.
Whether through premium pay for working on Sundays or holidays, offering industry-leading health care coverage and wellness programs to support physical, financial, and emotional well-being, or paid time off (PTO) to help you balance work and life, we’ve got something for everyone.
And because we care about the wellbeing and success of every person, we recognize each person has their own unique scheduling needs. We’re proud to offer flexibility in scheduling so our employees can prioritize what is most important to them. Our large, high-volume stores and 24x7 operations allow for personalized schedules that balance an employee’s individual needs with the needs of our business and each department.
- Paid time off (PTO) to help you balance your personal and work life
- Higher premium pay rates for working Sundays or on a recognized holiday
- Health care benefits that provide a high level of coverage at a low cost to you
- Retirement plan with both a profit-sharing and 401(k) match
- A generous scholarship program to help employees meet their educational goals
- LiveWell Employee & Family program to support your emotional, work-life and financial wellness
- Exclusive discounts on electronics, entertainment, gym memberships, travel and more!
- And more!
***Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied and offerings may differ based upon area or the company and/or position.
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family-owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs