Assembly WorkerRochester, NY
- Part time
- Morning, afternoon, evening, overnights (includes weekends).
- Age Requirement
- Must be 18 years or older
- Rochester, NY
- 1500 Brooks Ave
- $15 - $15.60 / hour
- Job Posting
- Job Posting End
- Job ID
Why join the Wegmans team?
- Work for a family-owned company that has been on FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for 23 years in a row
- $.60 / hour pay differential for select positions
- Comprehensive benefits available to both full and part time eligible employees
- Opportunities for career growth, both within the Bakeshop facility and companywide
- Potential for future participation in Apprenticeship Programs
- Opportunity for overtime hours
- Laundered uniforms provided daily; footwear and personal protective equipment provided
- No previous experience required, all training provided!
- Facility conveniently located on public transportation route
At Wegmans we are committed to providing great tasting, healthy meals, and that means starting with the best people behind the scenes in our Manufacturing facilities. We depend on these people to innovate and create the products we are known for, and that keep our customers coming back to shop. As a Production Worker at our Bakeshop food manufacturing facility, you will be responsible for producing, assembling, and packaging the bakeshop products that stock our stores for our customers to enjoy, using equipment and machinery as necessary for the job. If you have a passion for working behind the scenes in a fast-paced environment, then this is the job for you!
What will I do?
- Produce, assemble and package products, operating machinery and equipment as necessary for the job
- Inform team members of actions completed by properly labeling all containers and carts, filling out log sheets, and completing tasks on batch cards
- Perform quality checks and properly handle products to ensure they meet Wegmans food safety and quality standards
- Practice food and human safety techniques, comply with equipment maintenance, and use guidelines and labor laws to safely complete work, and maintain a clean work environment
- Keep open lines of communication with management and coworkers to effectively resolve issues and keep the operation running smoothly
- Work may include use of proper sanitation practices, including cleaning and sanitizing the production equipment, floors and machinery
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs