Architectural DesignerRochester, NY
This position provides technical and creative support to project teams, utilizing BIM based applications to design, create, and modify construction documents. They are responsible for the concept, design development and final design phases of projects from initial scope to completion of construction.
What will I do?
- Design and draft using 2D and 3D Revit and other applications, imagery, or storyboarding; bringing to life the concept and ideas of the project stakeholders
- Collaborate with appropriate internal teams and external business partners, to address design needs and deliver project on time and within budget. Work closely with Project Manager to maintain project schedule; hold project accountable to deadlines
- Coordinate architectural, electrical, plumbing, special systems, and mechanical drawings for design, review, and construction on assigned projects, with stakeholders and consultants.
- Produce architectural/interior design work on specific projects and assist in the preparation of construction documents. Evaluate, select and apply standard architectural/engineering design techniques and procedures.
- Research, design, select and coordinate materials, equipment and fixtures
- Assist the team with solving unusual problems, functionally and creatively, sharing ideas and lessons learned. Educate and advise others on design standards and procedures; translate technical information into an easy to use format for others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- 3 or more years of experience using Autodesk Revit in an Architecture or Design role
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and design software (i.e. Unifi, Sketchup, VR, 3D rendering, Photoshop, Autodesk products)
- Knowledge of the construction documentation process
- Knowledge of drawing package components, including plans, elevations, details, and schedules
- Knowledge of equipment and fixtures
- Experience designing retail and/or food-oriented projects, including knowledge of applicable codes and food safety considerations, is preferred
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs