Summer/Seasonal Warehouse WorkerPottsville, PA
- Part time
- Applying To This Requisition Allows You To Be Considered For Multiple Opportunities. Please Provide As Much Availability That Works With Your Schedule.
- Age Requirement
- Must be 18 years or older
- Pottsville, PA
- 820 Keystone Blvd
- $18 - $21.55 / hour
- Job Posting
- Job Posting End
- Job ID
Why join the Wegmans team?
- Competitive pay: NEW higher starting rate up to $18.55 / hour for both full time and part time, with equipment experience
- Work for a family-owned company that has been on FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for 24 years in a row
- Comprehensive benefits available to both full and part time eligible employees
- Voluntary overtime hours with incentive pay available (based on business needs)
- Employees earn a sign-on bonus of $1,000
- Uniforms provided, including cold wear clothing
As part of our Warehouse Team, you will be responsible for delivering incredible service by providing efficient and accurate selection of products ordered by Wegmans stores. Success in this role takes a sharp eye, attention to detail and the ability to be a team player. Apply today and join our team!
What will I do?
- Ensure pallets of product are built safely and efficiently in a manner that minimizes product damage in transportation and maximizes trailer space.
- Safely operate equipment necessary to perform job duties; this may include a forklift, pallet jack, and/or Vocollect
- Perform order audits to determine accuracy and quality
- Maintain knowledge of all quality standards/specifications and requirements for all products
- Inform operations management of daily quality issues using reports as well as other forms of necessary communication
- Maintain the integrity of the cold chain on loads that have temperature requirements
- May work in and have exposure to cold temperatures; lift weight of 20-25 pounds on average with maximum weight lifted greater than 50 pounds occasionally to frequently
- Previous experience with operating a pallet jack, forklift, and Vocollect
The health and safety of our Employees is our top priority and we are committed to keeping you safe while you help to serve our communities!
- Dedicated disinfecting staff members for high touch/contact equipment and spaces as well as common areas
- Multiple active Employee Safety Committees on campus, encouraging a culture of safety and well-being
- Comprehensive safety training for new employees, delivered by dedicated professional trainers, as well as on-going continuous safety training throughout the year
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided at no cost
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs