Armed Security OfficerApply Now Job Posting: 05/29/2019 Job Posting End: 06/28/2019 Job ID: R0031297 Location: Pottsville, PA Address: 820 Keystone Blvd Age Requirement: Must be 18 years or older Availability: Afternoon, Evening (including weekends) Schedule: Full time
At Wegmans our commitment is to provide incredible service, to which the foundation is ensuring our customers, employees, and visitors, feel safe and secure while operating on our grounds. As a Wegmans Security Officer, you will be part of the team of individuals who provide a safe environment throughout our Retail Service Center distribution facility. Our Security Officers play a key role in maintaining the safety of the Wegmans grounds by being a highly trained security professional, skilled in key areas of Wegmans Asset Protection.
What will I do?
- Respond to emergency situations providing clear, calm and decisive direction
- Manage access control by verifying vendors, contractors and other visitors have a business purpose to be on site
- Protect company property, corporate assets and the welfare and safety of employees, visitors and vendors
- Proactively patrol the buildings and grounds of the complex and perform preliminary investigations involving safety and security events as necessary
Required Experience, Skills, and Certifications:
- Extensive experience as a Trooper/Police Officer working road patrol, current or retired in good standing; and/or extensive experience in the United States Military in Special Operations or Military Law Enforcement with the ability to demonstrate advanced tactical skills.
- Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms as defined by the “Lethal Weapons Training Act”
- Ability to participate in and complete any required specialized training
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain effective communication and composure in stressful situations
- Proven ability to effectively manage conflict
- Able to problem solve, anticipating, analyzing, and identifying opportunities, responding quickly when situations arise and preventing problems when possible
- Technical aptitude and PC skills with Windows applications; must be able to navigate through multiple programs and screens efficiently
Proud of our #3 Ranking
Wegmans has been on the list of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For ® since 1998 and is one of the few companies that has made the list for the last 22 consecutive years since its beginning. FORTUNE and 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Time Inc. and are used under License. FORTUNE and Time Inc. are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Wegmans.Learn More