Store Security SpecialistOwings Mills, MD
- Full time
- Morning, Afternoon, Evening (Includes Weekends).
- Age Requirement
- Must be 18 years or older
- Owings Mills, MD
- 10100 Reisterstown Rd
- $31.25 / hour
- Job Posting
- Job Posting End
- Job ID
EARN A BONUS UP TO $2,500! Hiring immediately!
Why Join the Wegmans Team?
- Work for a family-owned company that has been on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For list for 25 years in a row
- All security positions are eligible for a sign on bonus
- Competitive pay with annual scheduled increases
- Comprehensive benefits including affordable healthcare, 401K, Scholarship benefits, and more!
- Paid structured training program with extensive on the job training throughout the year
Endless opportunity for career growth, both within the Asset Protection area and companywide
As a Security Coordinator at a Wegmans store location, you will be responsible for providing a safe and secure store environment for customers and employees. Coordinators are the liaison between the Wegmans Asset Protection team, company leaders and the employees within the store. This position requires a self-motivated, independent individual who is task-oriented and will remain highly visible to build relationships within the store and provide incredible customer service.
What will I do?
- Focus on people safety in our stores and execute safety programs to create a positive shopping experience and a safe work environment
- Partner with management to implement an Asset Protection strategy aimed at maximizing sales while reducing shrink due to theft; benchmark industry activity, identify trends and analyze data
- Foster a collaborative and professional relationship with community organizations and emergency responders to increase safety and security awareness and measures
- Discreetly observe customers, vendors, and employees to prevent loss; utilize a variety of resources to apprehend and process shoplifters
- Coordinate and manage all Closed-Circuit Television systems, and all life safety and store security measure systems
- Navigate situations such as medical emergencies and fire alarms using problem solving and conflict management skills
- Respond to emergency situations and make difficult decisions that affect the safety and wellbeing of others
- Discreetly conduct investigations and surveillances under the guidance of the Asset Protection Manager
- Respond to emergency situations; provide ongoing support and guidance to both employees and customers
- Police Officer/Deputy/Trooper experience working road patrol and/or United States Military Law Enforcement or Special Operations experience
- Proven ability to problem solve and effectively manage conflict
- Ability to use good judgment and make difficult decisions that affect the safety and well-being of others
- Ability to maintain effective communication and composure in a stressful environment
- Technical aptitude with advanced PC skills, including proficiency with MS Office
- Valid driver's license
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or related degree
- Military, Security, Loss Prevention or Asset Protection experience
- Emergency Medical Services or First Responder experience
- Retail management or related leadership experience
At Wegmans, we’ve long believed we can achieve our goals only if we first fulfill the needs of our people. Putting our people first and offering competitive pay and a variety of benefits & perks is just the start of what it means to work at Wegmans.
Whether through premium pay for working on Sundays or holidays, offering industry-leading health care coverage and wellness programs to support physical, financial, and emotional well-being, or paid time off (PTO) to help you balance work and life, we’ve got something for everyone.
And because we care about the wellbeing and success of every person, we recognize each person has their own unique scheduling needs. We’re proud to offer flexibility in scheduling so our employees can prioritize what is most important to them. Our large, high-volume stores and 24x7 operations allow for personalized schedules that balance an employee’s individual needs with the needs of our business and each department.
- Paid time off (PTO) to help you balance your personal and work life
- Higher premium pay rates for working Sundays or on a recognized holiday
- Health care benefits that provide a high level of coverage at a low cost to you
- Retirement plan with both a profit-sharing and 401(k) match
- A generous scholarship program to help employees meet their educational goals
- LiveWell Employee & Family program to support your emotional, work-life and financial wellness
- Exclusive discounts on electronics, entertainment, gym memberships, travel and more!
- And more!
***Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied and offerings may differ based upon area or the company and/or position.
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family-owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs