Kitchen ManagerNorth Wales, PA
- Full time
- Applying To This Requisition Allows You To Be Considered For Multiple Opportunities. Please Provide As Much Availability That Works With Your Schedule.
- Age Requirement
- Must be 18 years or older
- North Wales, PA
- 500 Montgomery Mall
- $21 / hour
- Job Posting
- Job Posting End
- Job ID
EARN A BONUS UP TO $1,500! Hiring immediately!
we are a food market where you make the difference
At Wegmans, we're on a mission to help people live healthier, better lives through exceptional food. So, when you bring your culinary talents and passion for food to Wegmans, you're joining a team of difference-makers. Our promise to our customers is simple: Every Day You Get Our Best. And because it all starts with you, we'll make sure you have the support you need to grow personally, express your individuality, and create change in your community.
how you'll make the difference
Take your passion for both food and people to the next level when you become a culinary leader at Wegmans. In our people-first kitchens, you’ll lead your team of Prep and Line Cooks by helping them to fine-tune their culinary skills, grow their careers, and fuel their passion for food. Your people skills, culinary talents, and eye for detail will be essential as you manage day-to-day operations and assist with bottom line profitability. No two days are the same, and an entire store full of fresh, world-class ingredients is your pantry.
what will you do?
- Assist the Sous Chef in running the kitchen and leading employees, overseeing the operations in the absence of the Sous Chef
- Follow recipes and proper cooking techniques to ensure we are consistently showcasing our high standards and giving our guests meals they can’t find elsewhere
- Share your knowledge and passion for food with customers and employees, suggesting ways for them to prepare meal items and incorporate products from other departments to offer complete meal solutions
- Manage employee performance by providing resources, training, feedback, and development opportunities
- 2 or more years’ experience as a prep or line cook
- Experience leading a team
- Food safety and quality assurance knowledge
- Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts
- Experience working in a multi-faceted food service facility, including restaurant, hotel, country club, conference center, casino, theme park, etc.
At Wegmans, we’ve long believed we can achieve our goals only if we first fulfill the needs of our people. Putting our people first and offering competitive pay and a variety of benefits & perks is just the start of what it means to work at Wegmans.
Whether through premium pay for working on Sundays or holidays, offering industry-leading health care coverage and wellness programs to support physical, financial, and emotional well-being, or paid time off (PTO) to help you balance work and life, we’ve got something for everyone.
And because we care about the wellbeing and success of every person, we recognize each person has their own unique scheduling needs. We’re proud to offer flexibility in scheduling so our employees can prioritize what is most important to them. Our large, high-volume stores and 24x7 operations allow for personalized schedules that balance an employee’s individual needs with the needs of our business and each department.
- Paid time off (PTO) to help you balance your personal and work life
- Higher premium pay rates for working Sundays or on a recognized holiday
- Health care benefits that provide a high level of coverage at a low cost to you
- Retirement plan with both a profit-sharing and 401(k) match
- A generous scholarship program to help employees meet their educational goals
- LiveWell Employee & Family program to support your emotional, work-life and financial wellness
- Exclusive discounts on electronics, entertainment, gym memberships, travel and more!
- And more!
***Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied and offerings may differ based upon area or the company and/or position.
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family-owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs