Deli ClerkNew York, NY
- Full time
- Morning, afternoon, evening (includes weekends).
- Age Requirement
- Must be 18 years or older
- New York, NY
- 770 Broadway
- $16.50 - $17.50 / hour
- Job Posting
- Job Posting End
- Job ID
Join our team at the new Astor Place store located in New York City! Opening the second half of 2023! Hiring immediately!
Why Join the Wegmans team?
- Work for a family-owned company that has been on FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for 24 years in a row
- Work as part of an exciting, diverse and fun grand opening team, gaining all the training you need to be successful in your role before the store opens
- Endless opportunities for career growth, both at the Astor Place store, and companywide
- Safety of our employees is top of mind and we are committed to keeping you safe and healthy while you help to serve our communities
At Wegmans, our mission is to help our customers live healthier, better lives through food. As a food service worker in our Deli, you’ll work with other team members to ensure the freshest deli meats and cheeses are available for our customers, as well as provide easy meal and entertaining solutions. If you have a passion for food service, would love to help customers select the freshest products and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, this could be the role for you!
What will I do?
- Complete customer orders by slicing, packaging and labeling products
- Provide incredible service and answer customer questions in a timely manner
- Ensure fresh and appealing deli cases and self-service cases by keeping them cleaned and well-stocked
- Unload and break down daily deliveries, stock cases, displays and backroom coolers with new and existing products/inventory; refill and rotate for freshness
Note to applicant:
- Onboarding and training will begin immediately.
- Prior to the store opening, training will take place at existing Wegmans store locations in Brooklyn and Harrison, NY and may require travel.
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs