Kitchen ManagerMcLean, VA
The grand opening of the new Tysons Corner store will be in Fall 2020
Training and on-boarding will begin in Summer 2020!
As part of our culinary team, you’d be working for a company that’s been on the prestigious “Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®” list for 20 years in a row. You’ll work side-by-side with experienced chefs making a wide variety of delicious, fresh and award-winning dishes that meet the needs of busy families and hungry people in the communities we serve. From our Restaurant foods section of our store, you’ll make the food that makes a difference in our customers’ lives. In addition to opportunities for professional growth, you’ll have support. From flexible scheduling to great benefits, you’ll be able to do the work you love while living the life you want. Join the Wegmans team today!
What will I do?
- Assist the Sous Chef in running the kitchen and managing employees, overseeing the operations in the absence of the Sous Chef
- Follow recipes and proper cooking techniques to ensure products are consistently prepared to showcase our high standards and giving our guests a meal they can’t find elsewhere
- Educate customers and employees on products and share knowledge to offer complete meal solutions
- Manage employee performance by providing resources, training, feedback and development opportunities
- 2 or more years’ experience as a line cook
- Demonstrated experience managing others
- Experience working on multiple kitchen stations
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts
- Experience working in an upscale restaurant, hotel, country club, conference center, and/or casino, etc.
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
Note to Applicant:
- All employee onboarding and training will begin in Summer 2020, and employees may be required to travel during this time to other Wegmans stores in Virginia.
- Full Time applicants are required to have an open availability Sunday-Saturday, between the operating hours of 6am-12am, unless specified for a position/department.
- Full Time employees work a minimum of 40 hours/week, in 8-hour intervals including evenings and weekends to meet business needs. Weekend availability is required.
- Opportunities are for year-round Employment.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs