Entry Level ManagerLanham, MD
- Full time
- Morning, Afternoon, Evening (Includes Weekends). Shifts start as early as 2am
- Age Requirement
- Must be 18 years or older
- Lanham, MD
- 9001 McHugh Drive
- $20 - $20.50 / hour
- Job Posting
- Job Posting End
- Job ID
EARN A BONUS UP TO $1,000! Hiring immediately!
We’re looking for passionate people ready to collaborate, develop and be leaders!
At Wegmans, our commitment to customers is simple: Every Day You Get Our Best. When you join Wegmans as a Team Leader, you’ll join a dynamic retail environment that’s growing, with new opportunities available every day to enhance your skill set and grow your career. You are becoming part of a family-owned company that has consistently been named one of the Best Companies to Work for in America® As a member of our management team, you will receive the support and training you need to become an effective leader in our stores and learn everything about managing others while working for an innovative food company, and delivering the incredible customer service we are known for. You’ll gain a deep understanding of our values, business measures and standards, and operations through one-on-one mentoring, exposure to leadership, and participation in developmental events. Within the store, you will have many opportunities to bring your skills to the team with management opportunities available in various areas, including Service, Merchandising, Perishable and Culinary departments.
What will I do?
- Manage employee performance by providing resources, training, feedback and development opportunities
- Provide incredible customer service to customers and employees alike
- Help to problem solve operational challenges while maintaining open two-way communication with managers
- Coordinate activities, prioritize tasks and ensure the operation runs efficiently for your team
- 1 or more years of work experience or a college degree
- Computer Skills
- Experience leading a team
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge of relevant products
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new situations and subject matters
At Wegmans, we’ve long believed we can achieve our goals only if we first fulfill the needs of our people. Putting our people first and offering competitive pay and a variety of benefits & perks is just the start of what it means to work at Wegmans.
Whether through premium pay for working on Sundays or holidays, offering industry-leading health care coverage and wellness programs to support physical, financial, and emotional well-being, or paid time off (PTO) to help you balance work and life, we’ve got something for everyone.
And because we care about the wellbeing and success of every person, we recognize each person has their own unique scheduling needs. We’re proud to offer flexibility in scheduling so our employees can prioritize what is most important to them. Our large, high-volume stores and 24x7 operations allow for personalized schedules that balance an employee’s individual needs with the needs of our business and each department.
- Paid time off (PTO) to help you balance your personal and work life
- Higher premium pay rates for working Sundays or on a recognized holiday
- Health care benefits that provide a high level of coverage at a low cost to you
- Retirement plan with both a profit-sharing and 401(k) match
- A generous scholarship program to help employees meet their educational goals
- LiveWell Employee & Family program to support your emotional, work-life and financial wellness
- Exclusive discounts on electronics, entertainment, gym memberships, travel and more!
- And more!
***Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied and offerings may differ based upon area or the company and/or position.
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family-owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs