- Part time
- Applying to this requisition allows you to be considered for multiple opportunities. Please provide as much availability that works with your schedule.
- Age Requirement
- Must be 18 years or older
- Jamestown, NY
- 945 Fairmount Ave. WE
- Starting rate up to $16.00 / hour with experience!
- Job Posting
- Job Posting End
- Job ID
Our mission is to provide incredible service and help our customers live healthier, better lives through food. As a part of our Sushi culinary team, your job is to create a variety of delicious raw, cooked, and vegetable sushi rolls and other unique menu items. In this position, you’ll play a valuable role by creating fresh sushi products for our case as well as made-to-order items for our customers and use a passion for preparing food to develop the skills and talents needed to succeed in a restaurant setting.
What will I do?
- Work to ensure incredible service is provided to guests by effectively handling a variety of tasks including consistently preparing ingredients to be used by the culinary team as well as creating high quality meals
- Follow proper recipes, knife skills and cooking techniques when prepping ingredients and preparing a variety of menu items to produce a consistent outcome
- Effectively multitask and balance prep work while ensuring guests meals are prepared in a timely manner with the highest standards of quality maintained
- Food preparation experience
- Knowledge of related products
- Experience cutting sashimi and sushi neta
- Experience in Sushi preparation in a high-volume retail environment
- Experience working as a Sushi Cook
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs