Shift ManagerHarrison , NY
Hourly Entry-level Management
Age requirement: Must be 18 or older
Harrison Hourly Entry Level Management – Various Departments
The grand opening of the new Harrison store will be in Spring 2020.
The Harrison store will be open 6am-12am, 7 days a week.
Full-time interviews will begin in April 2019
Part-time interview will begin at a later date
Opportunities are for Year-Round Employment
Online correspondence is important throughout the Wegmans hiring process. Please ensure that your contact information is accurate and changes are updated as they occur.
1133 Westchester Ave
White Plains, New York 10604
Phone number: 914-539-3700
At Wegmans, we believe our employees need opportunities and support to grow in their careers with us. You’ll join a dynamic retail environment that’s growing, with new opportunities available every day to enhance your skill set. As a Team Leader, you will receive the support and training you need to become an effective leader in our stores and learn everything about working in an energetic, innovative food company. You’ll gain a deep understanding of our values, business measures and standards, and operations through one-on-one mentoring, exposure to leadership, and participation in developmental events. Within the store, you will have many opportunities to bring your skills to the team with team leader opportunities available in in various areas, including Service, Merchandising, Perishable and Culinary departments.
What will I do?
- Manage employee performance by providing resources, training, feedback and development opportunities
- Provide incredible customer service to customers and employees alike
- Help to problem solve operational challenges while maintaining open two-way communication with managers
- Coordinate activities, prioritize tasks and ensure the operation runs efficiently for your team
- 1 or more years of work experience or a college degree
- Computer Skills
- Experience leading a team
As a Service Team Leader, you will experience:
- Opportunity to learn about different departments throughout the store
- Strengthen skills and knowledge through one-on-one mentoring
- Be part of a growing company
- Provide incredible service to our customers and supervise a team
- Manage the entire store during evening operations
- Please note: Service Team Leaders are unique in that they are given the responsibility of managing the entire store at various times. Our existing stores experience busy sales patterns on the weekends. STLs also work a variety of shifts, hours, and days each week, and are typically scheduled a minimum of 2 – 3 nights per week until approximately 12:30am.
- Full Time applicants are required to have an open availability Sunday-Saturday, between the primary operating hours of 6am-12am, unless specified for a position/department. Full Time employees work a minimum of 40 hours/week, in 8-hour intervals including evenings and weekends to meet business needs. Weekend availability is required.
- All applications will be screened and only applicants whose qualifications most closely match the job requirements will receive an interview.
- If you might be a match for a position, we will contact you with additional information regarding the interview process.
- If your application and qualifications do not match the job requirements, you will be notified through email.
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon applicants passing a drug screen
- In order to receive proper training prior to the store opening, employees are required to commute to other Wegmans stores within New Jersey. Travel is required (and should be expected) for each shift an employee is scheduled to work prior to the store opening.
Wegmans has great benefits and a true family atmosphere, which makes me feel appreciated and recognized for my hard work.
- Overnight Baker Newark, New York 08/19/2019
- Part time Line Cook Buffalo, New York 08/19/2019
- Pizza Cook Part Time Westwood, Massachusetts 08/19/2019
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs