Harrison Hiring EventApply Now Job Posting: 04/24/2019 Job ID: R0030486 Location: Harrison, NY Address: 106 Corporate Park Drive Age Requirement: Must be 18 years or older Availability: Applying to this requisition allows you to be considered for multiple opportunities. Please provide as much availability that works with your schedule. Schedule: Full time
Harrison Open Interviews
Event Date: May 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
Time: 11am – 7pm
Location:1133 Westchester Ave Suite N222 White Plains, NY 10604
If you have any questions about the event, please call: 914-539-3700
Walk-ins are welcome, but it is preferred that you submit an application before the event.
Entry Level Management
At Wegmans, we believe our employees need opportunity and support to grow in their careers with us. As an entry-level management employee with us, you’ll join a dynamic retail environment that’s growing, with new opportunities available every day to enhance your skill set. You will receive the support and training you need to become an effective leader in our stores and learn everything about working in an energetic, innovative food company. You’ll gain a deep understanding of our values, business measures and standards, and operations through one-on-one mentoring, exposure to leadership, and participation in developmental events. Within the store, you will have many opportunities to bring your skills to the team with team leader opportunities available in many departments, including Front End (as a Service Team Leader), Overnight Operations, Produce, Seafood, Restaurant Foods (which includes Pizza, Sushi, Burger Bar, Subs) and more!
What will I do?
- Manage employee performance by providing resource, training, feedback and development opportunities
- Provide Incredible Customer Service to customers and employees alike
- Help to problem solve operational challenges while maintaining open two-way communication with managers
- Coordinate activities, prioritize tasks and ensure the operation runs efficiently for your team
- 1 or more years of work experience or a college degree
- Computer skills
- Experience leading a team
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge of relevant products
Full Time Opportunities
At Wegmans, our commitment to customers is simple: Every Day You Get our Best. Customers tell us they choose Wegmans for the helpful people in our stores, help with delicious meals, and the freshest ingredients possible. We take great pride in going above and beyond to exceed customer expectations in all areas of the store. If you love working with others in a fast paced & dynamic environment, are passionate about food and trying new things, and would love to make a difference in a customer’s shopping experience, Wegmans is the place for you!
What will I do?
- Exhibit enthusiasm in the exceptional products we offer
- Demonstrate your passion for food and share that knowledge with customers
- Make a difference in a customer’s day and the reason they return to the store
- Become part of an energetic team where you can Do What You Love every day
It is because of our knowledgeable, engaging and talented people that we’re able to deliver the best possible shopping experience for our customers. You can add value in the following Full-time Customer Service positions in these areas of the store:
Perishable-Responsible for providing our customers with the freshest products and incredible knowledge-based service. You'll educate customers on great-tasting, healthy meals and offer help on how to prepare them. You could gain experience working with products in our Bakery, Deli, Floral, Meat, Cheese, Produce, or Seafood departments.
Service-Service area employees typically spend most, if not all, of their time interacting with our customers. You'll have the opportunity to leave a lasting impression on our customers while processing their orders or loading purchases into their cars as a member of our Helping Hands team or just ensuring they leave happy.
Service Departments include: Accounting Office, Helping Hands (parking lot attendants & outside customer service), Maintenance, Service Desk
Merchandise-Responsible for providing our customers with the best ingredients needed for healthy, affordable meals. This area also offers essential complements to cooking and entertaining in our Home & Entertainment department and everyday personal care items. Additionally, you can find exciting product stocking opportunities in our Grocery, Frozen Foods Departments, Bulk, Dairy, Receiving, Pricing and Health and Wellness.
Culinary-Customer Service team members in our Culinary departments work with some of our most delicious items! Employees in these departments offer meal planning tips to our customers and ensure the freshest products are prepared and available for them throughout the day; receiving it with the incredible customer service Wegmans prides itself on!
Prepared Foods Departments include: Catering, Coffee Shop, Pizza, Burger Bar, Prepared Foods Service, Dishwasher
- Days/Hours Requirement: Full Time applicants are required to have an open availability Sunday-Saturday, between the primary operating hours of 6am-12am, unless specified for a position/department. Full Time employees work a minimum of 40 hours/week, in 8-hour intervals including evenings and weekends to meet business needs. Weekend availability is required.
- All applications will be screened and only applicants whose qualifications most closely match the job requirements will receive an interview.
- If you might be a match for a position, we will contact you with additional information regarding the interview process.
- If your application and qualifications do not match the job requirements, you will be notified through email.
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon applicants passing a drug screen
- In order to receive proper training prior to the store opening, employees are required to commute to other Wegmans stores within New Jersey. Travel is required (and should be expected) for each shift an employee is scheduled to work prior to the store opening.
We look forward to meeting you!
Proud of our #3 Ranking
Wegmans has been on the list of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For ® since 1998 and is one of the few companies that has made the list for the last 22 consecutive years since its beginning. FORTUNE and 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Time Inc. and are used under License. FORTUNE and Time Inc. are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Wegmans.Learn More