Operations Department ManagerErie, PA
As an Operations Department Manager, you will take part in a 1-2 year accelerated training program allowing you to work hands-on with products and customers to strengthen your skills and enrich your knowledge of our business operations. You will spend time learning about Wegmans values, business measures, standards and operations with the aim of becoming a successful Department Manager upon completion of this program. If you’re a motivated self-starter looking for the chance to launch a store operations leadership career, this could be the opportunity for you.
What will I do?
- Acquire the skills, knowledge, and experience needed to effectively manage a department, working through program modules and taking part in seminars as well as weekly and monthly meetings with a trainer and mentor to monitor progress and set goals
- Work hands-on with products, customers and team members to best understand all aspects of the department
- Learn all parts of department management; fully understanding people development, leadership and financial aspects including controlling expenses and understanding how these affect the bottom line
- Develop or enhance the following skills: product mix, driving sales, culinary knowledge, meal preparation and planning, teambuilding, managing contribution (profit) and developing diverse leadership
- Foster two-way communication with Department Manager, mentor and trainer; be sure to seek out performance feedback and work towards growth and professional development
- 5 years of previous experience leading a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Retail Experience
- Technical Aptitude
As an essential business, we remain open and would love to have you join our team and help to support our communities.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs