Store Security OfficerBuffalo, NY
- Full time
- Morning, Afternoon, Evening (Includes Weekends).
- Age Requirement
- Must be 18 years or older
- Buffalo, NY
- 601 Amherst Street
- $27 / hour
- Job Posting
- Job Posting End
- Job ID
EARN A BONUS UP TO $2,500! Hiring immediately!
Our Asset Protection Officers at Wegmans are trained professionals with Law Enforcement or Military experience, who are responsible for providing a safe and secure store environment for customers and employees by remaining highly visible and approachable in an effort to deter undesirable activity.
What will I do?
- Maintain a highly visible profile including standing at the front door, and surveying the store and outside parking areas
- Conduct employee and customer escorts as requested
- Intervene and diffuse customer conflicts effectively
- Inspect perimeter doors, windows and gates to maintain high levels of store security
- Visibly observe customers and employees in an effort to deter undesirable activity in and around the store
- Police Officer/Deputy/Trooper experience working road patrol and/or United States Military Law Enforcement or Special Operations experience
- Ability to participate in and complete any required specialized training
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain effective communication and composure in stressful situations
- Proven ability to effectively manage conflict
- Able to problem solve, anticipating, analyzing, and identifying opportunities, responding quickly when situations arise and preventing problems when possible
- Technical aptitude and PC skills with Windows applications; must be able to navigate through multiple programs and screens efficiently
- Valid driver's license
- Associates Degree in Criminal Justice
- Certified EMT
- Certified in AED, CPR, and FAC
At Wegmans, we’ve long believed we can achieve our goals only if we first fulfill the needs of our people. Putting our people first and offering competitive pay and a variety of benefits & perks is just the start of what it means to work at Wegmans.
Whether through premium pay for working on Sundays or holidays, offering industry-leading health care coverage and wellness programs to support physical, financial, and emotional well-being, or paid time off (PTO) to help you balance work and life, we’ve got something for everyone.
And because we care about the wellbeing and success of every person, we recognize each person has their own unique scheduling needs. We’re proud to offer flexibility in scheduling so our employees can prioritize what is most important to them. Our large, high-volume stores and 24x7 operations allow for personalized schedules that balance an employee’s individual needs with the needs of our business and each department.
- Paid time off (PTO) to help you balance your personal and work life
- Higher premium pay rates for working Sundays or on a recognized holiday
- Health care benefits that provide a high level of coverage at a low cost to you
- Retirement plan with both a profit-sharing and 401(k) match
- A generous scholarship program to help employees meet their educational goals
- LiveWell Employee & Family program to support your emotional, work-life and financial wellness
- Exclusive discounts on electronics, entertainment, gym memberships, travel and more!
- And more!
***Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied and offerings may differ based upon area or the company and/or position.
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family-owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs