Store Security OfficerBuffalo, NY
- Full time
- Morning, afternoon, evening (includes weekends).
- Age Requirement
- Must be 21 years or older
- Buffalo, NY
- 601 Amherst Street
- Starting at $25.00 / hour!
- Job Posting
- Job Posting End
- Job ID
EARN A BONUS UP TO $1,500! Hiring immediately!
Our Asset Protection Officers at Wegmans are trained professionals with Law Enforcement or Military experience, who are responsible for providing a safe and secure store environment for customers and employees by remaining highly visible and approachable in an effort to deter undesirable activity.
What will I do?
- Maintain a highly visible profile including standing at the front door, and surveying the store and outside parking areas
- Conduct employee and customer escorts as requested
- Intervene and diffuse customer conflicts effectively
- Inspect perimeter doors, windows and gates to maintain high levels of store security
- Visibly observe customers and employees in an effort to deter undesirable activity in and around the store
- Extensive experience as a Police Officer, current or retired in good standing; and/or extensive experience in the United States Military in Special Operations or Military Law Enforcement with the ability to demonstrate advanced tactical skills
- Ability to participate in and complete any required specialized training
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain effective communication and composure in stressful situations
- Proven ability to effectively manage conflict
- Able to problem solve, anticipating, analyzing, and identifying opportunities, responding quickly when situations arise and preventing problems when possible
- Technical aptitude and PC skills with Windows applications; must be able to navigate through multiple programs and screens efficiently
- Associates Degree in Criminal Justice
- Certified EMT
- Certified in AED, CPR, and FAC
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs