Kitchen ManagerBrooklyn, NY
- Full time
- Morning, afternoon, evening (includes weekends).
- Age Requirement
- Must be 18 years or older
- Brooklyn, NY
- 21 Flushing Ave
- $21.50 - $22.50 / hour
- Job Posting
- Job Posting End
- Job ID
EARN A BONUS UP TO $1,500! Hiring immediately!
As a culinary leader in our kitchen, you are a team player and positive role model that ensures the development and education of the cooks. You will assist with bottom line profitability and make sure we are only serving the best products to our customers. If you are looking for an opportunity where the store is your pantry, the work is exciting and meaningful with some of the best culinarians in the industry, this could be the role for you!
What will I do?
- Assist the Sous Chef in running the kitchen and managing employees, overseeing the operations in the absence of the Sous Chef
- Follow recipes and proper cooking techniques to ensure products are consistently prepared to showcase our high standards and giving our guests a meal they can’t find elsewhere
- Educate customers and employees on products, share knowledge to offer complete meal solutions and suggest ways for them to prepared meal items incorporating items from different departments.
- Manage employee performance by providing resources, training, feedback and development opportunities
- Note to Applicant: Candidates may be considered for multiple store locations within the specified region, based on current openings
- 2 or more years’ experience as a Prep or Line Cook
- Experience leading a team
- Food safety and quality assurance knowledge
- Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts
- Experience working in a multi-faceted food service facility, including restaurant, hotel, country club, conference center, casino, theme park, etc.
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs