Bakery AssociateAlexandria, VA
- Part time
- Morning, afternoon, evening (includes weekends).
- Age Requirement
- Must be 18 years or older
- Alexandria, VA
- 150 Stovall Street
- Starting at $15 / hour!
- Job Posting
- Job Posting End
- Job ID
Join our team at the new Carlyle store located in Alexandria, VA near the Eisenhower Avenue Metro Station! Opening late spring 2022! Onboarding and training for most positions will begin in March 2022, with select positions starting as early as January 2022.
Why Join the Wegmans team?
- Work for a family-owned company that has been on FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for 24 years in a row
- Work as part of an exciting and fun grand opening team, gaining all the training you need to be successful in your role before the store opens
- Endless opportunities for career growth, both at the Carlyle store, and companywide
- Safety of our employees is top of mind and we are committed to keeping you safe and healthy while you help to serve our communities
At Wegmans, our mission is to help our customers live healthier, better lives through food. As a member of our Bakery Department, you will work with a team to deliver incredible service and be responsible for the production and packaging of delicious baked goods like breads, bagels, sweet treats and more throughout the day, ensuring that the freshest products are always available for our customers! If you have a passion for baking, enjoy the fast pace of food preparation and have a passion for helping customers find the best products to meet their needs, this could be the job for you!
What will I do?
- Bake, produce and package baked goods
- Provide incredible service and answer customer questions in a timely manner
- Ensure fresh and appealing aisles and cases by keeping them clean and well-stocked
- Help to maximize sales through effective and proper procedures for stocking, rotating, and merchandising product, both on the sales floor and in the back rooms and coolers/freezer
- May unload daily deliveries and stock cases, displays and backroom coolers with new and existing products/inventory
Note to applicant:
- Hiring and training will begin March 2022.
- Prior to the store opening, training will take place at existing Wegmans store locations in Northern Virginia.
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
For 24 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs