Assistant Retail ManagerAlexandria, VA
- Full time
- Morning, Afternoon, Evening (Includes Weekends).
- Age Requirement
- Must be 18 years or older
- Alexandria, VA
- 150 Stovall Street
- $21 - $21.50 / hour
- Job Posting
- Job Posting End
- Job ID
We’re looking for entry-level leaders who are passionate and ready to collaborate, lead, and give their best every day! In this role, your responsibilities will consist of both coordinating and troubleshooting daily activities of our customer service employees, as well as taking part in store management duties and projects. Through these responsibilities you will gain a deep understanding of our values, business measures and operations, experiencing everything from daytime to nighttime hours, often acting as a liaison between different areas of the store. You will be responsible for leading and developing a team of customer service focused team members, ensuring they have the tools and resources to be successful at their jobs. If you love to work in a fast-paced, energetic environment where no two days are the same, then this is the role for you!
What will I do?
- Independently manage store operations between daytime and nighttime hours, acting as key leader and liaison among teams and various departments throughout the store; responsible for closing and/or opening the store, as part of a varied schedule that changes on a weekly basis
- Partner with department management to prioritize and delegate tasks and ensure the Front End/customer checkout operations runs efficiently, monitoring the business and customer traffic throughout the store, managing the right number of open checkout lanes and running register when necessary to reduce customer wait time
- Manage performance of a team of Customer Service employees, providing resources, training, feedback, and development opportunities
- Provide Incredible Customer Service to customers and employees alike, acting as a champion throughout the store for our values and standards
- Quickly react to situations that arise, partnering with store leadership to problem solve operational challenges
- Participate in and/or lead special projects and assignments across the store with the goal of bringing employees together and enhancing the Company culture
- 1 or more years of work experience, preferably in customer service, or a college degree
- Computer skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and handle interruptions in a fast-paced environment
- Experience leading a team
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new situations and subject matters
At Wegmans, we’ve long believed we can achieve our goals only if we first fulfill the needs of our people. Putting our people first and offering competitive pay and a variety of benefits & perks is just the start of what it means to work at Wegmans.
Whether through premium pay for working on Sundays or holidays, offering industry-leading health care coverage and wellness programs to support physical, financial, and emotional well-being, or paid time off (PTO) to help you balance work and life, we’ve got something for everyone.
And because we care about the wellbeing and success of every person, we recognize each person has their own unique scheduling needs. We’re proud to offer flexibility in scheduling so our employees can prioritize what is most important to them. Our large, high-volume stores and 24x7 operations allow for personalized schedules that balance an employee’s individual needs with the needs of our business and each department.
- Paid time off (PTO) to help you balance your personal and work life
- Higher premium pay rates for working Sundays or on a recognized holiday
- Health care benefits that provide a high level of coverage at a low cost to you
- Retirement plan with both a profit-sharing and 401(k) match
- A generous scholarship program to help employees meet their educational goals
- LiveWell Employee & Family program to support your emotional, work-life and financial wellness
- Exclusive discounts on electronics, entertainment, gym memberships, travel and more!
- And more!
***Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied and offerings may differ based upon area or the company and/or position.
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family-owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
You do not have any saved jobs