We Care About Community
One of our most important values is making a difference in every community we serve. At Wegmans, we're committed to improving the lives of our customers and employees in every way we can. Our focus is on areas in which we feel we can be the most effective. These include:
- Providing food for the hungry
- Promoting healthy eating and active lifestyles
- Enriching the communities in which we have stores
- Supporting programs focused on youth
- Engaging in a company-wide United Way campaign
- Making corporate contributions to support many diverse non-profit organizations in our communities
Company, Customer and Employee Giving 2015
- Employee Customer Scanning Campaigns for Hunger Relief - $3,100,000
- Employee Scholarships - $4,900,000
- United Way Giving Employee, Company and Customer Scanning - $5,781,654
- Community Wide Donation and Events - $6,443,461
- Food Bank Donations - 14.5 Million pounds of food
Our Giving Reflects Our Values
- We care about the well-being and success of every person.
- We pursue excellence in everything we do. At Wegmans, high standards are a way of life.
- We make a difference in every community we serve.
- We respect and listen to our people.
- We empower our people to make decisions that improve their work and benefit our customers and our company.
How We Make a Difference Through Volunteering
Wegmans' approach in times of crisis is to stay in close touch with disaster relief organizations, like the American Red Cross and Feeding America food banks, to understand community needs. We want to be able to respond and help quickly.