Join the Wegmans Truck Driving Team!
Calling all CDL Class A Truck Drivers! Wegmans is hosting a Truck Driving open house and we'd love to talk to you about our opportunities! We are hiring both full-time and part-time CDL Class A Truck Drivers, with 1 year of driving experience, to deliver fresh products every day to our 100+ stores. Come be part of the Wegmans team and make a difference!
Location: 1525 Brooks Ave, Rochester, NY 14624
Date: Saturday, February 18th, 2023
Time: 11:00am - 3:00pm
*Photo ID will be required to enter the facility
What to expect:
- Wegmans top-of-the-line 2020 and newer equipment on site for touring, including tractor trailers and yard horses. Our tractor trailers are fully EDL equipped with the latest safety technologies, driver comforts, forward working cameras, air ride suspension and disc brakes
- Warehouse Leadership and currently employed Drivers on-site to answer questions, share "day in the life" experiences and get to know candidates
- On-site area for interested candidates to apply, including laptops to utilize and staff to help with the application
Why be a Wegmans Driver?
- Sign On Bonus: $5,000 for Full Time, $1,000 for Part Time
- Pay is activity and mileage based – first year Full Time Drivers can earn a salary of $70K - $85K, and Part Time Drivers can earn $350 - $400 / day
- Competitive pay with scheduled increases every 6 months
- Minimal product to handle with no-touch freight; Typically drop and hook deliveries
- Home everyday with regional routes. No layover deliveries and no overnight stays! Use of pre-pass included.
- Work for a family-owned company that has been on FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for 24 years in a row
- Comprehensive benefits available to both full and part time eligible employees
- Opportunities to learn and grow in the role – including learning to operate Yard Horses, Fuel trucks and Thruway Tandem operations
- Uniforms provided, including work boots
We're committed to and focused on sustainability efforts that will make the biggest difference for our customers, our partners, and our environment.
Our fleet of Tractor Trailers are not only safe and comfortable, they are also carefully chosen to ensure we maintain high standards of sustainability and the lowest impact on our carbon footprint. Our fleet includes CNG Volvo and Kenworth Class 8 tractor trailers, which are equipped with Cummins ISX12N engines with Allison 6 speed transmissions. We are also committed to an annual reduction of 1.25 million gallons of diesel by focusing on alternative fuels, electrification, and reducing our food miles through continued partnerships with East Coast organic farms. Click to learn more about Sustainability at Wegmans and how we are helping to create a healthier, better planet.
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
Required Qualifications for becoming a Truck Driver at Wegmans:
- Candidates must be at least 21 years of age and have a clean driver’s abstract with no moving violations in the last 3 years, and no reckless driving or drug/alcohol convictions in the last 7 years.
- CDL-A license and 1 year of CDL Class A Tractor Trailer driving experience required
- Employment as a Driver at Wegmans is contingent upon completion and our evaluation of a Drug Test, DOT Drug Test, DOT Physical, Criminal Background Check, Employment Verification, Driver's Abstract/PSP Review, as well as a Skills Evaluation
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.